Tuesday, November 15, 2005

 

100 on 10 !

In the previous blog “one crucial hour” I had promised to write up some real funny/ idiotic moments…. here they come.

When I pop-ed my arm out, the pain was so excruciating that I realized I could not put back my arm on my own, I needed to get to a doctor! I am not sure whose car but somebody drove me to “Box Hill Hospital”. They got a wheel chair out and took me inside the out-patient dept. Dead Middle of the night here I was in the out-patient dept with a arm dangling out of the shoulder joint and guess what I was wearing a formal pantaloon, executive shirt and a much more executive looking blazer and even more executive looking tie. I could not control myself, I laughed a bit but my I was reminded of the pain and got back to a sad screaming phase!
I asked most of the crew to carry on since one or two were enough to help me out.
They laid me down on a bed and that’s it! Other than two people from the crew who stayed nobody came to look at whats happened to me , no nurses, no doctor. All the while my shouting was growing in intensity… I wanted some immediate attention for heavens sake! Yet there was no sign of anybody even thinking of looking at me. Finally by God’s grace one nurse came up to me after “ONE HOUR”…. She had a writing pad in which she took down my details, I was feeling happy that shes atleast attending to me…however she spoilt the moment of happiness by asking me one last question “ On a scale of 1 to 10, how do you rate your pain?”……I was shocked…I lost my temper….i shouted back “ Are you f**kin nuts???....what kinda question is that??????”… she replied saying that she had to get this detail to go ahead …I replied back “ its 100 on 10”… I dunno what she wrote down! May be its my shouting at nurse or something, finally the doctor attended to me after “ANOTHER HOUR”
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?