Monday, November 28, 2005
morphine!
Well…let me ask you a question , have you ever danced alone inside a university lab overflowing with studious students, who look up to you as their sole GOD (for three hours) especially after having certain extra dose of morphine?.... hehe…I have!
Well, anybody out there is thinking of complaining to narcotics agency, please go ahead coz I had morphine “legally”. For single girls out there.. I Am Not A Drug Addict… hehe
The story basically continues from one of my blogs where I described my injury and hospitalization.
After approximately two hours, I was taken to a ward and a doctor looked at me. He asked how was the pain and could I put it back myself? I told him that pain was too bad and I might need a bottle of Glenfiddich to help me put my arm back in all by myself. He called a nurse, she had a badge “Intern : blah blah”. I guess she was one of those nursing students in final year doing her internship. Doc advised her to inject SOME dose of “”morphine”” to calm me down. Even in that pain, I could hear that word “morphine” with such clarity. My mind started running fast, here I was at a place where I could have morphine…that too legally and FREE. Once in a life time opportunity! I told myself to make the MOST of this moment ( which I did later on).
She took my arm, pierced the needle and taped it. She got morphine from store. She gave the first dose, then came the second, third…. And she stopped!!! I immediately shot back at her and told, this not doing any good, give me more!!... She was stunned, I started to portray my acting skills to show that no effect was happening, she believed me and shot the fourth, fifth and sixth! I wanted to make the most of it right .. so again I yelled back at her …One of the crew members who was beside me, whispered in my ears “ mate, I guess this much is way enough!!”, I didn’t heed to his words… yelled at her once more…. Since she was an intern, may be she didn’t know how to control me… finally at the end of it she had legally injected TEN doses of morphine. Don’t ask me how much quantity each dose was … coz I was not in a state to ask some stupid question to a terrified intern at that moment.
After minutes, I was at peace. I was floating, I was one with nature. Every other human being seemed like petite organism, with no meaning. I was Thee, I was the One, I was the Divine.
Doc appeared and asked me if I could try and put my arm back in? I smiled at him as if to say that “it was the most easy job one could ever do” and I took my right arm and held my left arm and brought it front “click”, my arm was back in its place (similar to one of those Bruce Willis movie where in-between fights when he dislocates and arm, he puts it back).
I thanked the doc, I hugged the nurse, We left the hospital. I was a happy man. Hmmm.. it was 1 AM, so I was a happy and a hungry man!.
I made my escort drive me around Melbourne for over an hour trying to decide where to eat, finally I decided to eat at Mc Donalds ( I hate it thou).
Next day was Monday, I had to conduct a lab at the university (9 am to 12 noon).I entered the lab (I was still high but could comprehend stuff) at 9.10, the lab was full, students were trying to start their experiments. The lab was dead silent, may be the errie silence triggered something. I walked elegantly to the middle of the lab, started off with a slow dance, I was at peace, I was one with nature, I was The One. I am not sure who all saw that but one of the proffs walking by happened to notice and called me to ask the reason for my dancing. I went up to him and answered blatantly on his face “ I am at peace, I had ten doses of morphine!”, returned to my dancing. I guess he was hell shocked! After a while I realized that I had told the proff only half the story, so I tracked him down , told the full story ( He held me with high respect, thus he was elated to know that I was not a drug addict!!).
Well, anybody out there is thinking of complaining to narcotics agency, please go ahead coz I had morphine “legally”. For single girls out there.. I Am Not A Drug Addict… hehe
The story basically continues from one of my blogs where I described my injury and hospitalization.
After approximately two hours, I was taken to a ward and a doctor looked at me. He asked how was the pain and could I put it back myself? I told him that pain was too bad and I might need a bottle of Glenfiddich to help me put my arm back in all by myself. He called a nurse, she had a badge “Intern : blah blah”. I guess she was one of those nursing students in final year doing her internship. Doc advised her to inject SOME dose of “”morphine”” to calm me down. Even in that pain, I could hear that word “morphine” with such clarity. My mind started running fast, here I was at a place where I could have morphine…that too legally and FREE. Once in a life time opportunity! I told myself to make the MOST of this moment ( which I did later on).
She took my arm, pierced the needle and taped it. She got morphine from store. She gave the first dose, then came the second, third…. And she stopped!!! I immediately shot back at her and told, this not doing any good, give me more!!... She was stunned, I started to portray my acting skills to show that no effect was happening, she believed me and shot the fourth, fifth and sixth! I wanted to make the most of it right .. so again I yelled back at her …One of the crew members who was beside me, whispered in my ears “ mate, I guess this much is way enough!!”, I didn’t heed to his words… yelled at her once more…. Since she was an intern, may be she didn’t know how to control me… finally at the end of it she had legally injected TEN doses of morphine. Don’t ask me how much quantity each dose was … coz I was not in a state to ask some stupid question to a terrified intern at that moment.
After minutes, I was at peace. I was floating, I was one with nature. Every other human being seemed like petite organism, with no meaning. I was Thee, I was the One, I was the Divine.
Doc appeared and asked me if I could try and put my arm back in? I smiled at him as if to say that “it was the most easy job one could ever do” and I took my right arm and held my left arm and brought it front “click”, my arm was back in its place (similar to one of those Bruce Willis movie where in-between fights when he dislocates and arm, he puts it back).
I thanked the doc, I hugged the nurse, We left the hospital. I was a happy man. Hmmm.. it was 1 AM, so I was a happy and a hungry man!.
I made my escort drive me around Melbourne for over an hour trying to decide where to eat, finally I decided to eat at Mc Donalds ( I hate it thou).
Next day was Monday, I had to conduct a lab at the university (9 am to 12 noon).I entered the lab (I was still high but could comprehend stuff) at 9.10, the lab was full, students were trying to start their experiments. The lab was dead silent, may be the errie silence triggered something. I walked elegantly to the middle of the lab, started off with a slow dance, I was at peace, I was one with nature, I was The One. I am not sure who all saw that but one of the proffs walking by happened to notice and called me to ask the reason for my dancing. I went up to him and answered blatantly on his face “ I am at peace, I had ten doses of morphine!”, returned to my dancing. I guess he was hell shocked! After a while I realized that I had told the proff only half the story, so I tracked him down , told the full story ( He held me with high respect, thus he was elated to know that I was not a drug addict!!).
Comments:
<< Home
well.. seriously.. i could not think that way.. i was the one.. i was divine.. so i could not stoop so low from my divinity!
well... getting morphine outside that too legally and FREE is not EASY, but the other "THING" well not so difficult, so i stuck with morphine
Post a Comment
<< Home

