Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

Autos…

Well “Auto” is a short term for “Autorickshaw”. It’s a motorized three wheel taxi used in India. I think it does not adhere to any safety standards (no seat belts, no major chasis to take impact etc etc). However, it’s one of the best mode of hired transport in India. It’s small, rugged, and fairly priced. Hence “Autos” are one of the most popular means of hired transport in India (I have seen the tuk-tuk’s of Thailand, but Indian “Autos”,I felt were bit different).
One of my very good friend happened to visit her boy-friend in London (UK). They went to some sort of world heritage museum. Guess what… They saw an “Auto” showcased as one of the museum pieces! I could not believe this when she told me. But I guess it is true.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?