Monday, January 02, 2006
missed by minutes!
The day went around usual with work, coffee breaks and lunch. I normally head out of office at around 5 pm, coz I need to head to my physiotherapist for treatment to my left shoulder. That day was a bit hectic, called up my physio and told him that I would skip that day's treatment since I had to stay back for a while at work. It was around 7 pm when I logged off my system and decided to head home. One of my colleagues agreed to drop me home. We headed to the parking lot and drove out of the office campus at around 7.10 pm.
I went home at around 8 pm. I had my dinner and switched on the idiot box, the channels were displaying some “breaking news”, it read “Professor shot dead in Bangalore, terrorist attack in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus”!!!!!.
I came to know later on that minutes after my colleague and me had driven out of the place, there was a terrorist who showered some 40-50 of bullets using AK-56 and threw 3 grenades. Firing took place around 50-100 feet away from the exact office premises next to parking lot. We daily drive and walk through that area. I guess I missed being in the line of fire by minutes! It’s a scary thing.
We were advised that we be would told the next day as to whether we had to come to office. I get a call at around 8.30 am asking me to come to office. My colleague was freaked out, she asked me to accompany her to office. As we drove near to office, my heart was thumping with fear. She parked the car in the adjoining parking lot, as I got out of the car, I could feel the fear in the air around us, I had “dinosaurs” running in my stomach. Right then we were standing few feet away from a place where 12 hours ago somebody was killed and few people were injured due to terrorist attack! During lunch time some of my colleagues and myself went to the actual spot of attack, there were bullet marks everywhere , one parked car was totally ridden with bullets, window panes were shattered, there was blood!.....It’s real scary!
I went home at around 8 pm. I had my dinner and switched on the idiot box, the channels were displaying some “breaking news”, it read “Professor shot dead in Bangalore, terrorist attack in Indian Institute of Science (IISc) campus”!!!!!.
I came to know later on that minutes after my colleague and me had driven out of the place, there was a terrorist who showered some 40-50 of bullets using AK-56 and threw 3 grenades. Firing took place around 50-100 feet away from the exact office premises next to parking lot. We daily drive and walk through that area. I guess I missed being in the line of fire by minutes! It’s a scary thing.
We were advised that we be would told the next day as to whether we had to come to office. I get a call at around 8.30 am asking me to come to office. My colleague was freaked out, she asked me to accompany her to office. As we drove near to office, my heart was thumping with fear. She parked the car in the adjoining parking lot, as I got out of the car, I could feel the fear in the air around us, I had “dinosaurs” running in my stomach. Right then we were standing few feet away from a place where 12 hours ago somebody was killed and few people were injured due to terrorist attack! During lunch time some of my colleagues and myself went to the actual spot of attack, there were bullet marks everywhere , one parked car was totally ridden with bullets, window panes were shattered, there was blood!.....It’s real scary!
Comments:
<< Home
Hey...
U know what... i told "India Head" abt our completely freaked out minds and all... and believe it or not, she is scared to get out in the dark alone... :)) poor baldev had to drop her and all!!
btw, i have inherited all ur bulletin board pins :D
U know what... i told "India Head" abt our completely freaked out minds and all... and believe it or not, she is scared to get out in the dark alone... :)) poor baldev had to drop her and all!!
btw, i have inherited all ur bulletin board pins :D
thanks for the compliment 'ass2006' and 'sally w'.... good to know that some people do read my blogs!
Post a Comment
<< Home

