Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Rocket Man

I have not been writing much lately.. I was busy going on roadtrips and packing. Its difficult moving from one place to another.. I moved from Bangalore(India) to Sydney(Australia). I had a transit stop at Singapore, I stayed over at Singapore visiting a cousin of mine.
Well on my leg of journey from Singapore to Sydney, i did have a really bad time! I had a booking in British Airways flight. This flight was coming straight from London (UK) to Singapore and then heading to Sydney. I got a seat in the middle... between two females!.
The female on my right was a working women, she told me that she was travelling straight from London to Sydney. The female on my left was 16 yr old (i guess!!). She was travelling with her father and younger sister seated at the back row of my seat.
"40 Year old Virgin" was one of the movies on the in-flight entertainment. Its a good one, 'must watch list'. This 16 year old girl sat next to me and even before the flight had got to the runway, she was fast asleep!! After sometime they served the dinner and everybody was getting ready to have a good nights sleep! I tried reclining my seat, it was not happening!.. i called the flight attendant and told him about the reclining problem. He discussed the problem with his co-workers and he too tried out some stuff with the seat...but nothing was happening. Then he told me that whole of the aircraft is full and they are very sorry about this problem. I just thought to myself that i had no other option but to sit and try to sleep in the upright seat! I sat down to sleep on... the female from london went into her dreamlands....the 16yr old female never woke up from her dreamland! After 1 hour i looked all around me... i could only see happy,content sleeping faces... I felt like the guy in the movie "Rocket Man"..all lonely...no sleep and lots of distance to travel before the destination arrives!
Comments:
poor thing.. so sorry to hear mate... I think many have been through that.. its not very nice... well all the best in sydney.. what made you to move to sydney? were you not in melbourne or something.. somewhere I read in your blog :)
 
bad luck :(
 
yeah..thats rite 'sunny'... i was in melbourne... i moved to sydney to pursue research at National ICT Australia (nicta.com.au) and UNSW.
 
NICTA... that's awesome dude... wish you all the best...what specific research are you into?
are you like permanently living in sydney now?
 
..well 'sunny'.. wat do u mean by permanently living in sydney??... rite now i am here... lets see where destiny takes me?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?