Saturday, May 06, 2006
Hey Da Vinci
One my friends Leo, had told me long before that he is a guitarist for a band and they normally do gigs around Sydney. I told him to notify me when they were having their next gig.
He met me a week before and told me that they were doing a gig at the 'Lansdown Hotel' near city on Friday. The gig supposedly started at 10.30 untill late night. I told him that i would surely come if i could make it there. I do not have a car and i need to depend on the public transport to get me to places.
I did not have anybody to accompany me to this gig. I got out of my apartment at around 9.30 pm and somehow got a bus to city at 10.15!... I reached city in 15 minutes. Since i was not sure of where the hotel was, i decided to walk through the route rather than take public transport ( the fact is i did not know which bus to take to get there!).
I reached the hotel by around 11 pm. Somebody was already performing. It was good music. I went inside got myself a drink. Leo and his band members were performing. Their music was good. I looked around, i could see people actually 'lip-singing' along with the singers!! I thought "Oh.. this band does have fan following".
There was a girl standing next to me. I wanted to initiate conversation, so i asked her " hey, thier music is good , isnt it?". She acted like a snob! I was like "F**k You". Suddenly I felt like i was stranded in a sea with only face I could recognise was of Leo's! It did feel lonely out there.
I could see that whole of the floor was flooded with people, enjoying and moving to the music. I was curious to know how so many people know this band! I asked a guy sitting next to me, " hey,do you know this band?" The answer I got was bit of a surprise. He looked at me and told me that this is one of good bands all over australia, they were everywhere on TV, radio and shows. He also told me that they were going to be the next big thing in Australia.
Gig was over, the next band was preparing to play. Leo came upto to me and thanked me for coming along. We got ourselves a drink and started talking. He told me his band's name is ' Hey Da Vinci'.The band's lead singer came up to me and introduced himself. Leo was grateful enough to introduce me to all the big-shots of the record label and media industry.
It was a good night out meeting lots of people. I met some really interesting people out there.
I was standing in a large group with some known faces of Sydney. Suddenly a girl approached me and offered to buy me a drink, I was flattered but soon realised that it was the same girl who had acted like a snob before! It was my turn, so I acted even more adversely by asking her loudly in front of everybody " Excuse ,I dont think I know You!!! " and turned away. I could see that she was so pissed, she had to hide her face somewhere. I could not care less! I am not being a prick here, its just that when I talked to her the first time, none of these known people were around me and she didnt find me good enough to talk to! How come when they are some known people around me, she feels that i am good enough to talk to!
It was 2 a.m in the morning, we all dedcided to head home. Leo offered to drive me back to my apartment. If he had not offered to drop me back, i don't know how i would have returned!
I entered this hotel to watch this gig all alone. By the end of it, I had made some friends and had a good time.
I am surely not going to miss thier next gig at "The Basement",Circular Quay, Sydney .
He met me a week before and told me that they were doing a gig at the 'Lansdown Hotel' near city on Friday. The gig supposedly started at 10.30 untill late night. I told him that i would surely come if i could make it there. I do not have a car and i need to depend on the public transport to get me to places.
I did not have anybody to accompany me to this gig. I got out of my apartment at around 9.30 pm and somehow got a bus to city at 10.15!... I reached city in 15 minutes. Since i was not sure of where the hotel was, i decided to walk through the route rather than take public transport ( the fact is i did not know which bus to take to get there!).
I reached the hotel by around 11 pm. Somebody was already performing. It was good music. I went inside got myself a drink. Leo and his band members were performing. Their music was good. I looked around, i could see people actually 'lip-singing' along with the singers!! I thought "Oh.. this band does have fan following".
There was a girl standing next to me. I wanted to initiate conversation, so i asked her " hey, thier music is good , isnt it?". She acted like a snob! I was like "F**k You". Suddenly I felt like i was stranded in a sea with only face I could recognise was of Leo's! It did feel lonely out there.
I could see that whole of the floor was flooded with people, enjoying and moving to the music. I was curious to know how so many people know this band! I asked a guy sitting next to me, " hey,do you know this band?" The answer I got was bit of a surprise. He looked at me and told me that this is one of good bands all over australia, they were everywhere on TV, radio and shows. He also told me that they were going to be the next big thing in Australia.
Gig was over, the next band was preparing to play. Leo came upto to me and thanked me for coming along. We got ourselves a drink and started talking. He told me his band's name is ' Hey Da Vinci'.The band's lead singer came up to me and introduced himself. Leo was grateful enough to introduce me to all the big-shots of the record label and media industry.
It was a good night out meeting lots of people. I met some really interesting people out there.
I was standing in a large group with some known faces of Sydney. Suddenly a girl approached me and offered to buy me a drink, I was flattered but soon realised that it was the same girl who had acted like a snob before! It was my turn, so I acted even more adversely by asking her loudly in front of everybody " Excuse ,I dont think I know You!!! " and turned away. I could see that she was so pissed, she had to hide her face somewhere. I could not care less! I am not being a prick here, its just that when I talked to her the first time, none of these known people were around me and she didnt find me good enough to talk to! How come when they are some known people around me, she feels that i am good enough to talk to!
It was 2 a.m in the morning, we all dedcided to head home. Leo offered to drive me back to my apartment. If he had not offered to drop me back, i don't know how i would have returned!
I entered this hotel to watch this gig all alone. By the end of it, I had made some friends and had a good time.
I am surely not going to miss thier next gig at "The Basement",Circular Quay, Sydney .
Comments:
<< Home
clicks n flicks
well.. the gig starts at 10.30.. so there was no point in going early.. I presume u r from the pommy land.. i have never been there.. but in sydney and melb, normally these kinda places start late at night go on untill next day break or noon..sometimes we will go there the night before and leave next day after having brunch!..hehe
well.. the gig starts at 10.30.. so there was no point in going early.. I presume u r from the pommy land.. i have never been there.. but in sydney and melb, normally these kinda places start late at night go on untill next day break or noon..sometimes we will go there the night before and leave next day after having brunch!..hehe
i guess she felt a bit scared to talk to u!!! she may not be comfy. u cannot expect a girl to jump over and strat yapping witha starnger. we ahve our protocols
haha... well.. i asked her " This band is good isnt it!!"... was that a hard question to answer!... i didnt expect her to start chattering with me!.. atleast a courtesy sake answer!!!...
Protocol.. yeah rite.. how abt she offering me to buy me a drink??.. when did females get this protocol!!!
Post a Comment
Protocol.. yeah rite.. how abt she offering me to buy me a drink??.. when did females get this protocol!!!
<< Home
